Gaza Death Toll Surpasses 70,000 as Israel Continues Strikes Despite Truce

Sat Nov 29 2025
icon-facebook icon-twitter icon-whatsapp

GAZA CITY, Palestine: The health ministry in Gaza on Saturday said more than 70,000 people have been killed in the Israeli military offensive since October 2023 as Israel continued attacks despite the US-brokered ceasefire.

The milestone comes as a fragile US-brokered ceasefire largely holds, but with Hamas and Israel accusing each other of violating the terms of the deal.

In a statement, Gaza’s health ministry said the death toll from the war had risen to 70,100.

The ministry said that since the ceasefire came into effect on October 10, 354 Palestinians had been killed by Israeli fire.

Two bodies arrived at hospitals in the Gaza Strip in the past 48 hours, the ministry said, one of which had been recovered from beneath the rubble.

It noted that the spike from the last death toll was due to the fact that the data relating to 299 bodies had been processed and approved by the authorities.

Despite the ceasefire, the Palestinian territory remains in a deep humanitarian crisis.

At the start of the latest ceasefire, Palestinian resistance groups were holding 20 living hostages and 28 bodies of deceased captives.

Hamas has since released all the living hostages and returned the remains of 26 dead hostages.

In exchange, Israel has released nearly 2,000 Palestinian prisoners in its custody and returned the bodies of hundreds of dead Palestinians.

icon-facebook icon-twitter icon-whatsapp