BEIRUT, Lebanon: At least 14 people were killed and several others wounded in Israeli airstrikes across southern Lebanon on Sunday, Lebanese officials said, amid continuing hostilities despite a US-mediated ceasefire.
Lebanon’s Health Ministry said 11 people were killed and nine wounded in an Israeli strike on the town of Seir al-Gharbiyeh in Nabatieh province.
The ministry said the strike had resulted in “a massacre”, with the dead including a child and six women, while the wounded included four children and a woman.
Lebanon’s state-run National News Agency (NNA) reported that an Israeli fighter jet struck the town of Bazouriyeh in the Tyre district, killing one person and injuring two others.
Another Israeli drone strike killed a young man in the town of Arabsalim in Nabatieh district, according to NNA.
In the town of Toura in Tyre district, an Israeli strike hit a house, killing a woman and injuring two others, the agency added.
Lebanon’s Health Ministry said two people, including a paramedic affiliated with Islamic Health Committee, were killed in strikes on Arab Salim.
The ministry said 10 others were wounded, including two paramedics from the Islamic Health Committee and four rescuers from the Risala Scouts association.
The ministry condemned an “ongoing series of attacks on the health and emergency sector in south Lebanon”.
Lebanon’s civil defence agency also said its regional facility in Nabatieh had been destroyed in an overnight Israeli strike.
The attacks came despite a ceasefire brokered by the United States that began on April 17 and was recently extended for several weeks.
Under the terms of the truce published by Washington, Israel reserves the right to act against what it describes as “planned, imminent or ongoing attacks”.
The Israeli military has continued strikes against what it says are Hezbollah targets in Lebanon, while Hezbollah has also claimed attacks against Israeli positions.
NNA reported Israeli strikes on several locations in southern and eastern Lebanon throughout the day, some causing casualties.
According to Lebanese officials, more than 3,100 people have been killed, over 9,500 wounded and around 1.6 million displaced by Israeli bombardment since March 2.



