Israeli Strikes Across Gaza Kill Five Palestinians

May 24, 2026 at 9:48 PM
icon-facebook icon-twitter icon-whatsapp

GAZA CITY, Palestine: At least five Palestinians, including members of the same family, were killed and five others injured in Israeli attacks across the Gaza Strip on Sunday, medical sources said.

Medical sources, cited by Al Jazeera and Anadolu Agency, said that one Palestinian was killed by Israeli gunfire in the centre of Jabalia refugee camp in northern Gaza. His body was transferred to Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City.

In central Gaza, a couple and their child were killed when an Israeli airstrike hit their home in the Nuseirat refugee camp, the sources said.

Three others were wounded in the same strike.

Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital in Deir el-Balah said it received the bodies of the family early on Sunday.

Medical workers identified them as Mohammad Abu Mallouh, his wife Alaa Zaqlan, and their six-month-old child Osama.

About 10 people were also wounded in the attack, according to medics.

In a separate incident, medical sources said a child died from injuries sustained in an earlier Israeli strike that targeted a police headquarters in north-western Gaza on Saturday.

In northern Gaza, a Palestinian fisherman was moderately injured after Israeli naval forces fired shells and machine-gun fire at fishing boats off Gaza City’s coast, the sources said.

Another Palestinian was injured by shrapnel from a shell fired by Israeli forces on a beach in the Al-Sudaniya area, north-west of the enclave.

Local sources reported Israeli demolition operations targeting buildings and infrastructure in northern Gaza, with a large explosion heard during the demolitions.

In Khan Younis in southern Gaza, Israeli forces also carried out demolition operations east of the city, accompanied by gunfire and artillery shelling near the Bani Suheila roundabout, the sources said.

There was no immediate comment from the Israeli military on the incidents.

According to Gaza’s Health Ministry, more than 880 people have been killed and 2,645 injured since a ceasefire was declared on 10 October 2025.

Local authorities say the ceasefire, intended to end a two-year war that has killed more than 72,000 Palestinians and injured over 172,000 since October 2023, has been repeatedly violated.

Earlier this month, Gaza’s Government Media Office said it had documented at least 2,400 Israeli violations in the first six months of the ceasefire, including air strikes and shootings.

On Saturday, five police officers and a 13-year-old boy were also reported killed in separate Israeli attacks.

icon-facebook icon-twitter icon-whatsapp