Fact Check: False Claims of Terrorist Attacks on Pakistan Security Forces in Balochistan Exposed

May 20, 2026 at 10:04 PM
icon-facebook icon-twitter icon-whatsapp

ISLAMABAD: The false claims about attacks on Pakistan’s security forces’ vehicles in Kharan city and the Balingor area of Kech district in Balochistan have been exposed as a foreign-sponsored propaganda.

The propaganda circulated by the terrorists of the banned Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) terrorist group regarding attacks on the security forces’ vehicles in Kharan city and in the Balingor area of Kech district is “fabricated and baseless”, security officials said.

“Such rumours about attacks on security forces are entirely false and based on lies,” security sources said.

“The aim of such disinformation by the Indian-sponsored terrorist group is only to please their foreign handlers and to spread fear and panic among the public,” security sources said.

Security sources reiterated that no such attacks had taken place in Kharan and Balingor as claimed in the circulating false reports.

Pakistan’s armed forces have launched “large-scale, comprehensive and successful” counterterrorism operations across Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to eliminate the menace of foreign-sponsored terrorism from the country.

Security sources said intelligence-based operations (IBOs) were ongoing across Balochistan to dismantle banned terrorist groups and sleeper cells involved in attacks on security forces and civilian populations.

These counterterrorism operations regularly target and neutralise terrorists, including high-profile terrorist commanders involved in attacks on state infrastructure and civilian populations.

Security officials said on Saturday that during recent operations in Balochistan, more than 45 “Indian-sponsored terrorists” had been killed.

They further claimed that over 600 terrorists belonging to the banned BLA had been killed in the past five months during ongoing counterterrorism operations, including several senior terrorist commanders.

Security officials also said terrorists often “disguise themselves among civilians and shepherds”, use remote routes, and conduct small-scale attacks before amplifying them on social media to exaggerate their impact.

On Wednesday, security officials confirmed the killing of a commander of the banned Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), identified as Baseer, in an intelligence-based operation.

Officials said Baseer was the alleged mastermind of an attack on the Frontier Corps (North) Balochistan headquarters in Quetta on 30 September 2025.

Security sources said terrorist groups operating in Balochistan are involved in “anti-civilian and anti-development activities”.

icon-facebook icon-twitter icon-whatsapp