Pakistan Security Forces Kill 9 Indian-Backed Terrorists in Balochistan

August 18, 2026 at 5:48 PM
icon-facebook icon-twitter icon-whatsapp

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s Security forces have killed nine Indian-backed terrorists in separate intelligence-based counterterrorism operations in southwestern Balochistan province, security sources said on Tuesday.

The counterterrorism operations were conducted in Ziarat, Harnai and Surab districts under Operation Rad-ul-Fitna-3, according to the security sources.

Security sources said ammunition, hand grenades, walkie-talkies and other equipment were recovered from the possession of the killed terrorists belonging to Indian proxy Fitna-al-Hindustan.

Fitna-al-Hindustan is an official term designated by the Pakistani government to refer collectively to all Indian backed terrorist groups operating in Balochistan province.

The terrorists’ hideout was surrounded during the operation, resulting in the killing of eight terrorists, while the hideout was also destroyed, they added.

In another operation in Hajika village in Soorab district, security forces killed one terrorist, according to security sources.

The operations were conducted after security forces traced terrorist movement between Dasht Katai and Hajika areas, sources said.

The security sources said that operations will continue without interruption until the complete elimination of terrorism and establishment of lasting peace.

Pakistan Interior Minister praises the security forces

Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi commended the security forces after the operation, according to a statement issued by his ministry on X.

“The interior minister commended the professional capabilities of the security forces for sending more than nine terrorists of Fitna-al-Hindustan to hell,” it added.

The statement further quoted Naqvi as saying that operations against Fitna-al-Hindustan and Fitna-al-Khawarij were under way with full force and will continue.

Surge in terror activities

Pakistan witnessed a surge in terror activities, particularly in its Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan provinces, since 2021, when the Afghan Taliban came into power.

Islamabad has repeatedly urged the Taliban regime to dismantle terrorist sanctuaries on Afghan soil, particularly those linked to the banned TTP terrorist network. However, the Taliban regime failed to take any action against the terrorist sanctuaries on Afghan soil.

Due to the surge in terrorist attacks, Pakistan has intensified counterterrorism operations to eliminate the menace.

Also Read:  Pakistan Security Forces Kill 7 Indian-Backed Terrorists in Balochistan

According to the Pakistan Institute for Conflict and Security Studies’ (PICSS) monthly security assessment, released on July 31, Balochistan witnessed the sharpest deterioration in the country’s security situation last month.

On July 9, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif said the country’s civil and military leadership had taken a “mutual and singular decision” to eliminate terrorism following several major militant attacks in Balochistan.

He made the remarks during a meeting of the Provincial Apex Committee on the National Action Plan in Quetta, which was also attended by Chief of Defence Forces (CDF) and Chief of Army Staff Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir.

icon-facebook icon-twitter icon-whatsapp