TEHRAN: Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi headed to Switzerland on Sunday for the second round of renewed nuclear talks with the United States later this week, his ministry said.
Araghchi “left Tehran for Geneva late Sunday heading a diplomatic and technical delegation to conduct the second round of nuclear talks and hold a number of diplomatic consultations,” the ministry said in a statement.
“Indirect Iran-US nuclear talks will be held on Tuesday with the mediation and good offices of Oman.”
During his visit to Geneva, Araghchi is expected to hold talks with his Swiss and Omani counterparts as well as the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, Rafael Grossi, and other international officials, the foreign ministry statement said.

Tehran and Washington restarted nuclear negotiations in Muscat on February 6, months after previous talks collapsed when Israel launched an unprecedented bombing campaign against Iran last June that triggered a 12-day war.
The latest talks come with Washington having threatened Tehran with military action and deployed an aircraft carrier group to the region following Iran’s deadly crackdown on anti-government protests last month.
On February 6, Araghchi led the Iranian delegation in indirect nuclear talks with US Middle East envoy Steve Witkoff and US President Donald Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner in Muscat.
Switzerland has played a longstanding diplomatic role in relations between Iran and the United States. It has represented US interests in Iran since Washington severed ties with Tehran after the 1980 hostage crisis, which followed the 1979 Iranian revolution.



